Sunday, January 20, 2013

A family of 3

So it's been a while since I had a blog and since Darrin doesn't do things like this, I figured this would be a good way to journal things going on in our lives for people in a more personal way than facebook. So this is the story of us. In pieces. :-)
Darrin and I met in Feb of 2010. Jackson was almost 2 months old and I had just moved back to St. George to help nanny for my sister Danielle and her husband Rob, for their first child. A super spunky boy named Kai. Who I love dearly, and have an incredible bond with. We met through a mutual friend and right off the bat he was honest about his situation with his son, Jackson. 2 months old, not a great relationship with the biological mother, and needless to say things were a mess for him. But boy did he love and adore his baby boy. He only got to see him every other weekend because the mother had taken him to live up north away from everyone. Darrin was heartbroken and me being the fixer that I am was sympathetic.
Darrin worked up the nerve to ask me on a date and so about a week or so after we met we went out on our first date. It was a BLAST!!! We had so much in common and were totally at ease right off the bat and darn it if I didn't love him already.
Things progressed and I melded into his family and became a part of it quickly. I loved Jackson the second I held that sweet boy in my arms and it grows each day. My boys are absolutely the light of my life. It's been a rough road...(more on that later)....but I wouldn't change a thing.
So now we're a happy family of 3 working on bringing it all together. Enjoy!

3 comments: